Call for Speakers – 2016 NNBA Annual Conference
CALL FOR SPEAKERS IS CLOSED…
Event location: Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Dates: October 14 – 16, 2016
Deadline for proposals: February 15, 2016.
The NNBA will notify speakers by March 1, 2016. Speaker spots are limited. The association considers late proposals only if space is available.
Theme: Nurse Entrepreneurship and Career Alternatives – Best Business Practices and Emerging Opportunities.
Expectations: NNBA looks for speakers who are engaging, informative, outcome based and well networked. First consideration goes to NNBA Nurse and Sponsor level members. Speakers are expected to utilize their social media channels and professional networks to assist the marketing and promotion of #NNBA2016 conference.
Presentations: The presentations are typically divided into 30 to 50 minute sessions. A speaker may speak in multiple tracks and give multiple presentations. Presentation methods include lecture and interactive sessions, such as tabletop and panel discussions. The presentations:
- Should provide rich information for the entrepreneurial nurse.
- Should be interactive to enable the audience to participate in the learning experience.
- Should be clear, crisp and interesting.
- Should provide take-away materials that enable attendees to follow their suggestions.
Proposals: Proposals must be submitted filling out the form below.
Photos: Please include a professional picture (electronic JPEG file) with your proposal.
Compensation: The National Nurses in Business Association is a membership organization dedicated to providing unsurpassed education and networking opportunities for nurses in business. We are looking for speakers interested in sharing their expertise with fellow nurses on business topics. As compensation, the association offers the speaker:
- All accepted speakers receive complimentary attendance to the Conference, Friday evening’s Meet and Greet through Sunday’s Closing remarks.
- If the session is recorded, the speaker may request a master audio copy of their presentation for a small fee. The association owns the right to publish the presentation and all derivative works in all media. The speaker owns the copyright of the material and the right to reproduce the recording without restriction.
- The opportunity to request to present a pre-conference event. The association will consider pre-conference sessions of 2 to 6 hours in length. For nurses who want to present a pre-conference event, the association will advertise it, sell the registrations, collect the money, pay the expenses, and negotiate a revenue sharing arrangement with the speaker.
Each speaker is responsible for paying all of his/her own expenses (travel, lodging, and meals). Exceptions may be made as an example, for Keynote Speakers.
Handouts: Speakers are responsible for bringing their own handouts or providing a link to their presentation resources if they choose.
Audience Demographics: The audience includes nurse entrepreneurs and nurse entrepreneurs-to-be. Approximately 90% are female and 10% are male registered nurses who are self-employed or interested in self-employment, between the ages of 30 to 68, and reside in both urban and rural regions of the U.S. and Canada.
Meeting Room Setup: The main conference room set up will include a screen, computer, and LCD projector. Pre-conference sessions ranging from 2 hours to 6 hours are held in small meeting rooms, schoolroom style and the speakers need to provide their own lap tops and projectors.
Materials Due: All speakers must agree to provide their presentation in a standard electronic form no later than August 30th, 2016.
Past Speakers: Speakers at past conferences were business experts, nurse entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, entertainers, and ancillary service providers (for example including attorneys and accountants).
Marketing: The conference is marketed by the association in print and on the Internet. Speakers and sponsors also market the event as outlined in #6 of the submission form. Thank you for considering speaking for the National Nurses in Business Association.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS IS CLOSED…
By submitting this form, you agree to the following:
1) All speakers must agree to provide their completed presentation to NNBA in a standard MS Power Point format, no later than August 30, 2016. Depending upon size, they can be emailed or we can make arrangements to use our Dropbox.
2) All speakers agree to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event. These terms provide that the copyright of original presentation materials remain with the speaker; however NNBA is granted the right to record, reproduce and distribute each presentation without royalties or fees payable to the speaker.
3) All sessions will be monitored and rated for commercial content. Any speaker who is judged to have made an inappropriate sales pitch for his/her own Company, product or service during a conference session risks having their presentation interrupted and/or halted. In addition, this speaker will not be invited to participate in future conferences.
4) By submitting this proposal, each speaker agrees that he/she has permission from their Company to make a presentation under the terms outlined in this Call for Speakers. If you so not have approval at the time you submit this proposal, you must indicate it clearly.
5) All approved/selected speakers receive complimentary attendance to the NNBA Conference at which they will be speaking.
6) It is mandatory that all speakers that are approved and selected to speak at the NNBA Conference will on their own and at their own cost, market/promote this conference through all media channels available to them, including by not limited to facebook, twitter, linkedIn, etc. as well at their website.
7) All questions pertaining to this Call for Speakers / Speaker Submission must be sent to email@example.com.