Submit Abstract for Presentation in 2019
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO SUBMIT ABSTRACT
The Call for Proposals for the #NNBA2019 Annual Educational Conference is official. Take this opportunity to submit your abstract on Business Opportunities, Best Business Practices and Career Alternatives to share with nurses to start or improve their business. Deadline for proposals: Submit your abstract by December 31, 2018. Speaker spots are limited and entering a proposal is not guarantee of speaking at the event.
THE FLAGSHIP NNBA 2019 CONFERENCE
Nurses from all over the country meet in Las Vegas, Nevada for NNBA’s Entrepreneurship & Career Alternatives Conference. This past year, over 300 nurses touted our signature event “as the best ever”. From the wonderful in-depth preconferences to closing remarks on Sunday, the buzz, energy and enthusiasm are off the charts. Nurses appreciate most the approachability, and access to all the speakers with plenty of time to meet, mingle and collaborate. With over 30 years of helping nurses start and grow successful businesses, the NNBA is evidence based practice!
The NNBA looks for speakers that are engaging, informative, relevant, outcome based and well networked. Only speaker proposals from NNBA Members will be considered. Speakers are expected to utilize their social media channels and professional networks to assist in the marketing and promotion of the #NNBA2019 conference. Proposals must include a professional picture (electronic jPEG file) attached with your proposal.
The presentations will be divided by three concurrent breakout sessions between 60 – 90 minutes. A speaker may speak in multiple tracks and give multiple presentations. Presentation methods include lecture, interactive sessions, breakout sessions and panel presentations. The presentations should:
- Provide rich information
- Be interactive to enable audience participation in the learning experience
- Be clear, relevant and interesting
- Provide take-away materials with actionable items that enables attendees to follow
The format for #NNBA2019 will be sessions targeted towards:
101) The aspiring or new nurse entrepreneur or career alternative
201) The established nurse entrepreneur and business owner
301) A focused/niched specialty topic
101 – Social Media: Options for Consumer Engagement
201 – Pinterest Strategies for Increasing Sales
301 – How to Create Targeted Pinterest Ads
The National Nurses in Business Association is a membership organization dedicated to providing unsurpassed value, education, resources, and networking opportunities for nurses in business. We are looking for speakers interested in sharing their expertise with fellow nurses on business topics. As compensation, the association offers the speaker:
- All accepted speakers receive complimentary attendance to the Main Conference, Friday evening’s Meet and Greet through Sunday’s closing remarks.
- All accepted speakers receive a complimentary exhibitor’s table. Speakers choosing an exhibitor’s table will follow the exhibitor’s rules and regulations outlined on the NNBA website.
- If the session is recorded, the speaker may request a master audio copy of their presentation for a small fee. The association owns the right to publish the presentation and all derivative works in all media. The speaker owns the copyright of the material and the right to reproduce the recording without restriction.
- The opportunity to present a pre-conference workshop. The association will consider pre-conference workshops of 2 to 4 hours in length. For nurses who want to present a pre-conference workshop, in addition to marketing your workshop, the NNBA will advertise it, administer the registrations, collect the money, pay the expenses, and negotiate a revenue sharing arrangement with the speaker(s).
- Pre-conference workshop presenters must complete a calendar event on the NNBA website or provide the NNBA with an event flyer that can be placed on the NNBA event calendar.
- Each speaker is responsible for paying all of his/her own expenses (travel, lodging, and meals).
- Exceptions may be made for the event’s Keynote Speaker(s).
Handouts: Speakers are responsible for bringing their own handouts or providing an electronic link to their presentation and resources.
Audience Demographics: The audience includes nurse entrepreneurs and aspiring nurse entrepreneurs. Approximately 85% are female and 15% are male registered nurses who are self-employed, interested in self-employment, or interested in learning about career alternatives. Our audience is mainly between the ages of 30 to 68, and reside in both urban and rural regions of the U.S. and Canada. We are starting to see an increase in non-nurse attendees interested in entrepreneurship or in support of a nurse present at the conference.
Meeting Room Setup: The main conference room set up will include a screen, computer, and LCD projector. Pre-conference workshops and Breakout sessions are held in smaller meeting rooms, classroom style and the speakers need to provide their own laptops, projectors, slide advance clicker, and the appropriate cabling to connect your laptop and projector.
Materials Due: All speakers must agree to provide their presentation in a standard electronic format no later than August 15th, 2019.
Past Speakers: Speakers at past conferences were business experts, nurse entrepreneurs, business owners, entertainers, and ancillary service providers (for example including attorneys and accountants).
Marketing: The conference is marketed by the association in print and online. Speakers, Sponsors and Exhibitors also market the event as outlined in #6 of the submission form.
Thank you for considering speaking for the National Nurses in Business Association.