Call for Speakers – 2018 NNBA Nurse Entrepreneurship & Career Alternatives Conference
Event location: Westgate Resort & Casino Las Vegas, Nevada
Dates: October 12 – 14, 2018
Deadline for proposals: February 4, 2018
The NNBA will notify the speakers selected by February 23, 2018. Speaker spots are limited.
Theme: Empowering Nurses through Entrepreneurship
Please read thoroughly. #NNBA2018 will be a slightly different format than last year’s conference. We will provide concurrent breakout sessions as we did last year, however this year, we are looking for the sessions to be targeted towards:
1) The aspiring or new entrepreneur
2) The established nurse entrepreneur
3) A focused specialty area and information
Expectations: The NNBA looks for speakers who are engaging, informative, compelling, outcome based and well networked. Only speaker proposals from NNBA members will be considered. Speakers are expected to utilize their social media channels and professional networks to assist the marketing and promotion of #NNBA2018 conference.
Presentations: The presentations are typically divided into 30 to 60 minute sessions. A speaker may speak in multiple tracks and give multiple presentations. Presentation methods include lecture and interactive sessions, such as breakouts, round table and panel discussions. The presentations:
- Should provide rich information for the entrepreneurial nurse.
- Should be interactive to enable the audience to participate in the learning experience.
- Should be clear, crisp and interesting.
- Should provide take-away materials with actionable items that enable attendees to follow their suggestions.
Proposals: Proposals must be submitted by filling out the form below.
Photos: Proposals must include a professional picture (electronic JPEG file) attached with your proposal.
Compensation: The National Nurses in Business Association is a membership organization dedicated to providing unsurpassed value, education, resources, and networking opportunities for nurses in business. We are looking for speakers interested in sharing their expertise with fellow nurses on business topics. As compensation, the association offers the speaker:
- All accepted speakers receive complimentary attendance to the Main Conference, Friday evening’s Meet and Greet through Sunday’s closing remarks.
- All accepted speakers receive a complimentary exhibitor’s table. Speakers choosing an exhibitor’s table will follow the exhibitor’s rules and regulations outlined on the NNBA website.
- If the session is recorded, the speaker may request a master audio copy of their presentation for a small fee. The association owns the right to publish the presentation and all derivative works in all media. The speaker owns the copyright of the material and the right to reproduce the recording without restriction.
- The opportunity to present a pre-conference workshop. The association will consider pre-conference workshops of 2 to 6 hours in length. For nurses who want to present a pre-conference workshop, in addition to marketing your workshop, the NNBA will advertise it, administer the registrations, collect the money, pay the expenses, and negotiate a revenue sharing arrangement with the speaker(s).
- Pre-conference workshop presenters must complete a calendar event on the NNBA website or provide the NNBA with an event flyer that can be placed on the NNBA event calendar.
- Each speaker is responsible for paying all of his/her own expenses (travel, lodging, and meals).
- Exceptions may be made for the event’s Keynote Speaker(s).
Handouts: Speakers are responsible for bringing their own handouts or providing an electronic link to their presentation and resources.
Audience Demographics: The audience includes nurse entrepreneurs and aspiring nurse entrepreneurs. Approximately 90% are female and 10% are male registered nurses who are self-employed or interested in self-employment, mainly between the ages of 30 to 68, and reside in both urban and rural regions of the U.S. and Canada. We are starting to see an increase in non-nurse attendees interested in entrepreneurship or in support of a nurse present at the conference.
Meeting Room Setup: The main conference room set up will include a screen, computer, and LCD projector. Pre-conference workshops and Breakout sessions are held in smaller meeting rooms, classroom style and the speakers need to provide their own lap tops and projectors.
Materials Due: All speakers must agree to provide their presentation in a standard electronic format no later than September 1, 2018.
Past Speakers: Speakers at past conferences were business experts, nurse entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, entertainers, and ancillary service providers (for example including attorneys and accountants).
Marketing: The conference is marketed by the association in print and online. Speakers, Sponsors and Exhibitors also market the event as outlined in #6 of the submission form.
Thank you for considering speaking for the National Nurses in Business Association.